[pct-l] trail routing north of Belden

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Tue Jul 1 19:05:00 CDT 2008

David Plotnikoff wrote:
> Hello from a longtime list-lurker.
>
>  From what I can gather from assorted Web references, the trail route
> north from Belden, up the Chips Creek drainage, to Poison Spring is
> significantly divergent from what's in the guidebook.

this probably won't be any help at all, but here's what i wrote in my
2006 journal, starting from myrtle flat:

*****
the first 7 miles or so today were the remainder of the big climb, and
they were hard and confusing. i couldn't recognize many of the data book
points, and the trail had been rerouted a bit anyway, such that i
couldn't follow it well on the map either. i just sort of aimlessly
meandered for a few hours, climbing climbing climbing and trying to
guess which water source would be my last. it was really exhausting, but
i actually managed to reach the top of the climb earlier than i thought.
*****

girlscout