[pct-l] Great News For Back Packers...''Switchback's Powerd by Alcohol Theory.''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Jul 5 12:09:34 CDT 2008

Naah Switchback,
I'm getting to old for this ''extreme'' stuff...I was 62-63 back in
2003-2004....but you, you are still young and can bring the
Unsupported JMT back to the PCT crowd with your ''powered by alcohol
theory.''
At 41 miles per gallon you only need to drink 1.25 gallons to do 50 mile
days, which will be sufficient to bring the record home.

BTW...My test of your theory, on the 4th of July, did not go so well...I
made the mistake of filling up the tank and drinking the whole gallon at
the start and never made it out of the gate.
I think one needs to drink a little at a time as one goes along.

JMT Reinhold