[pct-l] OR - PCT

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sun Jul 6 12:34:15 CDT 2008

Does anyone know who to call (Forest Service ranger districts?) to monitor the snow melt and trail conditions in this section before we attempt to resume our hike from Hwy 140? I've checked with the PCTA but my update for this section remains the latest.

This is an unofficial guess but I'm not so sure USFS has enough time away from the fires to answer questions regarding the safety of the trail and to "monitor the snow melt and trail conditions". I think they depend upon hikers for trail conditions. Last I was advised there just isn't enough person power to hike the trail to report conditions.

are we there yet