[pct-l] Piute fire north of Tehachapi PCT is in the closure area and precautionary evacuation area

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Sun Jul 6 15:01:22 CDT 2008

Matt and Ellie,
So it seems that the PCT still is not closed, just the access trails
to the west of the PCT are closed.  The latest posted info at http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/currentconditions/
  .

I called the FS, and they referred me to the same website you gathered
info from.

Ellie, be aware of the statement that the fire is moving east, which
would be towards the PCT.

Tom