[pct-l] Camping near Mt. Ashland

Suzannah Swinehart suz_quz at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:32:59 CDT 2008

Hi Carolyn,

You can indeed get water at the inn. They are wonderfully sweet owners who installed a water faucet
right where the trail crosses their property, and even set up a picnic table in the shade there.

We did a dry camp near there last year - it was a few miles before reaching the inn so we just got up
early, hiked down to the inn, and had breakfast at the picnic table. We camped quite close to the logging
road that crosses the trail; it might have been private land but I don't remember. Whatever it was we
were not the first campers, judging by the amount of trash and beer cans we picked up. I'm pretty sure
it was not left by thru's :) It seems like it might have been FS land, though.

-Chipmunk

PS - When you get to the inn, give Powder a pat on the head for me. His bark is a greeting, not a
warning :)