[pct-l] Why remove Bear Lockers

Gary Wright at2002 at mac.com
Mon Jul 14 14:47:20 CDT 2008

On Jun 28, 2008, at 12:29 AM, Postholer wrote:

>> Using that same line of reasoning you would also have to conclude
>> that there should be no trails in Wilderness areas either. In fact,
>> trails would seem to be much more of a blight on the wilderness than
>> a steel box according to the text you quoted.
>
> I've never understood that argument. Folks always seem to fall back
> on it.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not.

Just to be clear, I don't understand that argument either.  My point
was that if you interpret the language in an extreme, strict sense
then you end up with absurd and untenable conclusions.  Therefore
the extreme, strict interpretation is an inappropriate one.  I was
just responding to the posted text and have not read the actual
text of the Wilderness Act and so it may actually be the case that
the law as written is absurd.

Radar