[pct-l] SOBO Border Crossing

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 15 18:15:08 CDT 2008

Andrea wrote:

By the way...........in the last 20 years has anyone ever been caught by US
Customs walking across the Canadian/US border to get on the PCT ?? If so,
what happened to them ??

I doubt that the risk is actually in being physically observed crossing from Canada to the US.  The risk is sometime in the future when you go to leave the country and the border agent looks in his computer and says, "Hey, wait a minute.  You left the US [X] years ago and never came back.  You're not supposed to be here.  Please step inside, sir . . ."

If it were me, I think I'd make sure that the documentation regarding my exits and entrances all line up according to the rules.  But that's just me.

Eric