[pct-l] Smoke/haze in Southern Oregon

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Tue Jul 15 23:43:54 CDT 2008

This is a question for anyone who lives in southern Oregon. I am
scheduled to walk Oregon Section B starting Monday. Lately I have
been hearing about smokiness in Ashland and Medford due to winds
blowing smoke from the fires in northern California. I assume that
means the PCT gets it also. How smoky is it? Do you smell it? Do you
feel it when breathing? Does it sting your eyes? Is it just a little
haziness in long views? Would I still enjoy the hike or should I
cancel it?  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Pieces