[pct-l] The Trinity Alps High Route - photos

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Fri Jul 18 19:26:31 CDT 2008

I recently hiked this 25 mile alpine cross country loop I designed and first
hiked in 1993. In late June, I hiked with my dog Kelly for 7 days alone in
the heart of the Trinity Alps wilderness before I met another hiker on my
last day at Grizzly Lake. The story about the trip is almost as long as the
adventure, but if you want to see some nice photos about a
wilderness adventure near the PCT, feel free to look. The hike is strenuous
xc
across snowfields and glaciated granite cirques, along narrow ledges, over
jagged arêtes to alpine lakes, and one with constant navigational and
terrain
challenges. This is an adventure where rescue is not an option, where each
step must be placed carefully, where experience, patience and wisdom
outweigh
ambition, where going forward is easier than going back, and where time
passes by too quickly due to the challenges that one barely has the time to
grasp the beauty of this wilderness. This gallery is a virtual hike of the
Alps high route as hiked by only Kelly and myself. Enjoy!
 http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/talps_high_route_2008
 http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/the_trinity_alps_wilderness  more Alps
adventures