[pct-l] Rogue River Trail info?

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Fri Jul 18 21:08:27 CDT 2008

Great trip to do. It is not very strenuous and will kindle your
enthusiasm. There are photos and  info from my May, 2007 trip at
www.bailyweb.com. Look under Oregon. My trip was over the designated
wild area where the commercial raft trips operate. I loved it despite
the rain I ran into. I will be happy to answer any specific
questions. The spring is the prettiest because everything is green
and wildflowers are blooming. One of the lodge owners told me that it
is very hot in July and August. Memorial Day through Labor Day has
tons of rafting trips, I am told. I was told that the lodges are all
full during that time. I don't know about camp site availability
then. Apparently there are many fisherman in the fall. The lodges
open during the first few days of May; I don't know when they close
for the winter. If you are interested in the lodges, I can give you
names and web sites. There are also many campsites.
There is also trail further up river, but I don't know much about that area.
I hope my photos raise your interest. Send specific questions off
line and I will be happy to answer them as best I can. I do also have
some bookmarks that you might find of interest.

Pieces