[pct-l] memory cards

Hernandez hernand at magicriver.net
Sat Jul 19 14:52:47 CDT 2008

Most likely your images are still OK.  Do not try to modify the contents of
the card in any way, but connect your camera to your PC, and read the card
thataway  (this is the way the images got written, anyway - if you use
another card reader, it might be incompatible with your card). I'd also
check that the card is well seated, etc.

If no data show up, then use a data rescue program, such as the excellent
LexarMedia Image Rescue 2.  In my case, I got this program included with a
Lexar memory card.

My experience with this issue is:  by mistake I formatted over a memory card
with my travel pictures.  I know, this is pretty bad!  Fortunately I still
had the cool to stop messing with the card any further until I could find a
possible solution, which turned out to be the LexarMedia program.  This
wonderful program got the images back!!!

I hope you get them back too!
Numael