[pct-l] Thru-hiker Report -- Ebbetts Pass and Pennsylvania Creek

Hank Magnuski hankm at mtinet.com
Tue Jul 22 11:10:27 CDT 2008

As part of a nine-day trail maintenance project based at Pennsylvania Creek
(about seven miles north of Ebbetts Pass) I was able to meet many of the thru
hikers on that section of the trail.

In all I met 52 thru-hikers during that period, and there were probably a few
more that I missed when I was off trail. Of those I asked, the majority had
started sometime in May.

Here are stats on the hiker sightings:

  7/12 -  7
  7/13 - 14
  7/14 - 10
  7/15 -  5
  7/16 -  2
  7/17 - 10
  7/18 -  1
  7/19 -  1
  7/20 -  2

So the Class of 2008 seems to be going strong.

Out of privacy concerns I won't publish all the trail names and dates, but if
you have a specific question, please email me off-list.

Hank