[pct-l] Yosemite to Dunsmuir in September

adrian.borner at ch.abb.com adrian.borner at ch.abb.com
Thu Jul 24 04:18:39 CDT 2008

This years section hike will get me from Yosemite Tuolumne Meadows to
Dunsmuir, starting end of August and finishing end of September. Since the
class of 2008 has already passed through this section, they may be able to
give me some valuable advice concerning town stops respectively
mail-drops. Hopefully by then the fires will be gone and also the detours.
I will fly into LA from Switzerland, pick up some food & fuel, mail my
mail-drops and then head North to Yosemite. If I feel fit enough and
weather permitting, I may take in Mt Whitney on the way up. During my High
Sierra Section Hike in 2005 I got caught in fresh snow, so I had to give
it a miss.
My tentative plan is to have my first stop at South Lake Tahoe. Since I do
not like to have mail-drops at a post office due to restricted opening
times, especially weekends, are there any other suggestions, like decent
places to stay who also accept parcels?
The other mail-drops I was thinking of having in Belden and Burney Falls.
Any other hints where I should have a stop and/or mail-drop?
Happy Trail
Adrian alias Matterhorn