[pct-l] Fire Closures in General

Lou Filliger lfilliger at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 16:58:50 CDT 2008

Maybe one day there will be a time machine so you too can live a past
life like so many before us!

Don't want to go into a time machine.  Just want to go into the Plumas Forest, and they
closed it 3 weeks ago, although according to the Forest Service maps, there aren't any
fires there anymore.

But alas it just wasn't meant to be!
Brave by whose standards? There's or ours.

I think if you read about the settlers of California they were brave under anybody's
standards.

Moral standards are the product of experience and law is the reflection
of the common good. Make your point - run for office, write an article
or publish a magazine but as you say - don't go into "no fly zone"!! By
today's standards that's what this thread is really about...

I'm hoping that there's a silent majority out there who agree with me.   Obviously if
 it's  just me then I've got an uphill battle.  But say we took a poll and of 10,000 PCT
users,
 6,000 would be willing to sign a petition to the Forest Service (and the governors of
 the  various states, and the Dept. of the Interior - whatever it takes) asking them to
reopen
 the forest?  And to stop closing them for what is apparently very little reason, in the
 future?

 I suspect that most of the people who might agree with my point of view are probably
 just out there hiking in the closed-off sections and hoping to avoid Big Brother.  That's
not
my way.  I'm here to say my piece, and I've said it.  I thank you for explaining your
point of view.

Lou Filliger