[pct-l] chester to burney

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Wed Jul 30 14:20:14 CDT 2008

My head is swimming from trying to keep up with all the fire areas and closures!
Is the trail currently open between Hwy 36 near Chester all the way to Burney Falls, and does anyone have current trail conditions info.  I'd also like to know the current smoke/air quality.
I'm trying to do a section hike and don't know if this is feasible.
I was also considering going from Ebbetts Pass to Sierra City, so would appreciate any updates on closures and if that area has any smoke related problems as well.