[pct-l] health and tent questions

Neil Petersen neilp at cwo.com
Thu Jul 31 12:35:05 CDT 2008

hey folks just wondering if i might get some feedback on my recent knee
problems. i am a 26 year old male who was planning on training and getting
gear together to try a thru hike in 09 but i recently had a knee blow out.
i ended up having a partial removal/repair of my meniscus and am half way
thru my four weeks of no weight bearing after which i can walk and begin
to recover though the doctor says it will be four months from walking
until sporting activity. just wondering if anybody out there has had this
surgery or similar and how has it affected your hiking life. i still want
to thru hike but think it will more realistically be in 2010 and am
worried i might not be able to hike much at all after this whole fiasco.

also quite preemptively ive been looking at getting a new tent. i am
thinking about a lunar duo by six moon designs and wondering what folks
think about it. do you like it? what floor thickness did you choose? do
you use a ground cloth, if so what kind?

thanks for all the great info i have already received and look forward to
any feedback on this

-neil