[pct-l] Barlow Pass ( rte 35 ) to Columbia River Gorge

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Jul 31 22:44:17 CDT 2008

Good evening, Rafter Jack,

I was in the crew you talked with today north of Barlow Pass.  You're
correct:  The PCT northwest of Timberline hasn't been logged-out and cleaned
up yet this year.  It's scheduled for a 5-day crew beginning 9 August.

>From Barlow Pass to Timberline there was only about 50 yards of snowpack --
total.  And get this: I worked all day on that section and I did not see one
mosquito!  None.  Zero.  Zip.  I guess they've all migrated to central
Oregon to sharpen their teeth -- or tooth -- on the approaching thru-hikers.

Steel-Eye