[pct-l] PCT Mom: Re: "Oregon don't look good"

Postholer public at postholer.com
Sun Jun 1 22:56:19 CDT 2008

You guys rock! Makin' it happen!

:)

Trillium97:
I'm a member of the Mt Hood Chapter PCTA.  We maintain the trail from Mt.
Jefferson to Mt. Adams, 221 miles.  Generally, we are running a month or
more behind our normal schedule.  That said, we *probably* will have the
trails cleared and maintained before the thrus get here.  My section, from
Frog Lake to Barlow Pass, had 2-5 feet of snow at Frog Lake a couple weeks
ago, and about 10 feet at Barlow Pass.  Normally I can clear out Frog Lake
northbound a mile or so (to Twin Lakes loop, a popular day hike) before
Memorial Day.  Not this year.  I plan to logout from Frog Lake NB about
mid-June.

Some of us did our chainsaw certification on a section of PCT just north of
the OR/WA border, where we logged out 77 trees in 2 miles.  So yes, the
trail could be a mess.  We're geared up for it.

Also note the PCT goes above Timberline Lodge, above 6000 feet.