[pct-l] sierra trail conditions

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Jun 3 21:28:51 CDT 2008

I'm copying from a message received by a hiker today:

"I have just come out of the first 5 days of my high sierra traverse, which will be ~400 miles, of mostly above treeline alpine trek'ah'teering. I was able to pull off a 200ft glissade but the snow so far has been really fresh and soft (from the storms last week~2-3feet). I went over the 1st of 9 classic passes in fine style. The view was all Ansel Adams, snow and rock, sky and ravine."

That's all that said to answer your question.

L-Rod