[pct-l] PCT Record Setting Unsupported Hike

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 16:47:29 CDT 2008

I think the start of the unsupported  fastest hike of the PCT is this Sunday
at 12 noon at the Campo border  monument.  I know on behalf the whole hiking
community we wish them God  speed and a safe journey.  And we hope they set the
new record.  I  think the current record is 79 days and so many hours/minutes.

I might be at each road crossing with hot  pizza and cold brews.  Of course,
they cannot have any, since that would  break their sacred vow to be
unsupported.  The food and drinks are for  me.  It is hard work to drive the hybrid car
out there to all those road  crossings to cheer them on.

In any case, I hope everyone looks for  them as they unsupportily speed by
and wish them the best.

Your pals, Switchback the Trail Pirate  and Stinker the Trail Skunk

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.