[pct-l] Conversation at Trailtown Resupply

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 14:54:03 CDT 2008

Our intrepid hero, Corky the Trail Stomper, had just arrived at a resupply trailtown with his PCT thru-hike partner/wife, Traildust.

After checking in to a local motel, they immediately headed for the supermarket for goodies.  Corky picks up some items and includes a pack of ice cold Coors.

Traildust returns to Corky and the shopping basket with other items.  She spies the Coors and says, "What do you think you are doing?  We cannot afford that!"

Corky protests, "They are on sale.  They are only $10 for 12 cans."  Traildust orders him to put it back and scolds him that they cannot afford it.

A few aisles later Traildust picks up a $15 jar of face cream and sticks it into the cart.

Corky says, "What do you think you're doing?"  Traildust yells,  "It's my face cream.  It makes me look beautiful!"

Corky replies, "So does the Coors, but it is a lot cheaper!"

They had to delay their thru-hike a week until Corky got out of the hospital.