[pct-l] clearing and cameras along the US-Canada border swath

Connie Davis conniedavis at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 9 08:52:13 CDT 2008

PCT hikers,
Our neighbor was recently called to a jobsite accident along the US-
Canada border swath in Manning Park--for those of you who don't know,
there is a clearcut along the border between the US and Canada.
There is a lot of clearing being done this year along the border and
my neighbor was told that cameras are being installed and devices in
the ground that sense people passing.  I do NOT know if this is true
(he did not see the devices or cameras), but if  it is, it seems like
the US is taking the "Homeland Security" idea to a whole new level.

Lookout
Chilliwack BC