[pct-l] Greenhorn

kczarling at mail.utexas.edu kczarling at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 10:18:29 CDT 2008

Howdy Folks!

I'm Keenan Zarling from Austin, Texas.  I stumbled upon the PCT a while back and
recently I've decided to hike it the summer after I graduate from Uni.  That's
still about two to three years off, so I've got plenty of time to
train/prepare.  I figured I'd send any open invitation for advice, resources
for information/gear, or anecdotes.

One question that I've been thinking about: I currently have a Hennessy Hammock
that has worked out great for me, but at the beginning of the trip in So-Cal,
are there enough trees (or equivalent) to hang my hammock from?

Cheers,

Keenan