[pct-l] New Nor Cal trail angel

Meridith Rosendahl mrosendahl at digitalpath.net
Tue Jun 10 13:24:11 CDT 2008

I'm a neophyte trail angel-to-be.  Beginning around July 10-15, I will have hiker treats on the south side of highway 36 near Chester CA.  The budding plan is to re-supply the cooler on even-numbered days at around 10:30 a.m.  I have a minivan and will be available at that time for rides into Chester (mid point on the PCT).  I will also leave a message book (if my daughter, Piper, thinks it's a good idea) for hikers to leave messages for other hikers in the rear or for me to forward to the outside if a hiker doesn't go into Chester.

FYI there's internet at the Chester Library, hiker supplies at Bodfish bicycles in Old Town, and 2 new 2-story hotels in Chester, replacing 2 50+ year-old motels.  There's at least one pay shower next door to the laundry.

I'm open to suggestions.

Piper's Mom