[pct-l] carloric intake

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 21:55:49 CDT 2008

When I did the Colorado Trail, it was short enough (3 wks) where I was able to keep track of all that I ate. People often ask me "What do you eat on the trails?" So I wrote everything down and created a pie chart.

My CT pace was 23 MPD over all (including shorter days) so it is about the caloric output you inquired about:

Here is what  I ate:
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=33

FWIW, my base pack was ~10lbs and I was ~180 lbs. I lost ~10 lbs in three weeks.

Though shorter, I suspect it is a good sample for what I did on other hikes than had similar MPD figures (PCT, CDT).

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com