[pct-l] Reinhold the Supported

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 03:13:03 CDT 2008

Pfreiman writes: Reinhold, Reinhold, Reinhold......The truth is Karen is  too
good to you.  She was pulling out sandwich after sandwich for you and  Joe
when at the monument.
Switchback replies: Just as I always suspected.  Reinhold is the  most
supported person on the trail.  These JMT unsupported records were all  a
fabrication.  His wife was meeting him with a pack train at all the JMT  junctions with
foods and drink.  Here I was in training to beat his records  and now I do not
have to.  I had a bag of my dehydrated  water sauce all made up and subatomic
UL gear ready to go too.  This  is an outrage.

But he could atone for his transgressions if he hooked up with Scott and  Joe
at Cottonwood Pass and hiked through the Sierras with them.  Now that  would
be okay.  Since I am a professional backpacker too, I would volunteer  to meet
them at the Rafferty Creek/Lyell Fork creek junctions and hike with  them to
the Tuolumne Meadows tent camp for refreshments.  This is a  very demanding
part of the PCT.  Only the brave and strong should  attempt this section hike.
Many dangers await the timid hiker --- the  hiker who has too much rabbit in
them.  But since I have done it many  times, Stinker the Trail Skunk and I will
chance it again.  Nothing is too  good for Scott and Joe.  We are all
cheering them  along.