[pct-l] Welcome, Piper's mom

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:04:50 CDT 2008

Hi, Piper's mom,
I'm FireFly, from Old Station, also a Trail Angel.  Dennis and I have the
Hiker Hideaway, five acres available for camping with showers, laundry, hot
tub, breakfast and dinner, hiker food and clothing boxes, first aid
supplies, etc. available.  We welcome you to the wonderful world of
angeling.  Speaking for myself, it's got to be one of the most exciting
things I've ever done in my life, I wait all winter for the new season to
begin.  PCT hikers, be they section or thru, are wonderful...they have a
great sense of 'family' and welcome us as members of that family.  They have
stories to tell, some are funny, some a bit sad, all fascinating to listen
to, information to share and, in spite of all the tales of 'attitude' and
'intitlement' that we hear hikers seem to be increasingly demonstrating,
we've never felt that these are things that any of our guests have shown
us.  I hope your experience will be equally rewarding.  If you get a chance
to come north to Old Station, we'd love to meet you.  Is your Piper hiking
the trail?  If so, perhaps we'll have an opportunity to meet one another as
well.  Good luck in your venture....I can almost promise you a very
rewarding summer.  Stay in touch as you're able...networking is good for all
of us.
Take Care....
FireFly