[pct-l] Life Saving Trail Secrets

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 15:09:55 CDT 2008

Supported Reinhold writes: Can you blame her for stuffing 2 sandwiches down my throat????
I need to get with Switchback to learn about his ''Super Secrets of Backpacking'' especially his dehydrated?water, hands free umbrella and prestocked calories..... ..all of those could have been ''Life Saving Secrets''?had I not been able to keep up with Scott & Joe.?
Switchback replies: Yes, this is very important.? My rule of thumb is that my prestocked calories should equal my umbrella diameter.? That is why I look like a walking umbrella.? This is a very important ratio for the trail.? Your girth should equal your umbrella diameter.? Then you know that you are safe.? No problem.