[pct-l] Section D Water report

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 13:39:10 CDT 2008

Pink Gumby and I teamed up this weekend to travel a short section of section D : Baden-Powell Trailhead to Islip Saddle.

Here is a water report:

D5 375.7 Lamel Spring      Spring continues to run clear. The spring is in a small rock opening covered my a metal grid. Need to scoop out water.

D6 381.9 Lily Spring   There is no trail sign to indicate this spring. Using Halfmile's map, I followed an unused trail down the canyon but soon lost it.  After a search, found no sign of the spring. Treed a small bear cub.

D6 383.8 Little Jimmy Spring     Water flowing really nicely into small trough.

Check out photos of our trip:

http://picasaweb.google.com/beemancron

The Beeman

PS One of the highlights on this trip was to visit Hiker Heaven and meet L-Rod. Now that the herd has passed through, I am encouraging her to take up beekeeping as a hobby.