[pct-l] Section I and Snow

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Jun 16 13:50:27 CDT 2008

I suspect Clare Porter and Eric D have been through there, but Eric doesn't post and Clare hasn't posted an update (yet).  You can go over into Leavitt Lake basin from the top of Sonora Pass, avoiding what I consider the most treacherous and exposed section on the trail before it drops down to the highway.  I was absolutely mortified on that section, and there was no snow.  If there had been snow, I would have taken the trail down to Leavitt Lake, which is a much quicker (and easier) route to the highway.  Just my $.02.

L-Rod