[pct-l] footgear

Carolyn Clark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 10:34:20 CDT 2008

We'll be hiking from Castle Crags to Crater Lake mid-July to mid-August.  I was planning to wear trail runner shoes.  Given this year's lingering snowpack, should I wear boots instead?  (I have Reynaud's syndrome, so I'm prone to getting cold toes; I already have frostbite on one toe from a previous adventure.)
Also, I've been looking for extremely lightweight gaiters to keep out gravel and thistles.  I hike in shorts, so duct tape won't do. I've checked REI as well as local running stores but can't find anything lighter than 8 oz. Any suggestions where I can find some?
"Paperclip"
Carolyn