[pct-l] Lightweight Gaiters?

Richard Thalhammer rickt at macnexus.org
Wed Jun 18 13:22:48 CDT 2008

Carolyn:  I would expect your travels on this portion of the trail to
be pretty snow-free throughout, and the weather generally mild, but
others may have more specific information.  As for the gaiters, weight
depends on how much protection you're looking for.  I just bought a
pair of ankle-high gaiters from REI last week that weigh less than
four ounces, to keep gravel, etc. out of my shoes; if that's all you
need, REI, at least, has several options, including Outdoor Research
models.  If you are looking for snow/water protection, and/or knee-
high length, I don't know if you'll be successful finding "extremely
lightweight" gaiters.  But just for gravel, etc. at your feet, the
ankle-length ones do the job well.

Message: 7