[pct-l] planning for food on the PCT

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.com
Wed Jun 18 15:42:00 CDT 2008

Planning a menu for such a high-caloric-demand expedition by simply studying
the typical numbers or even asking previous thrus, like Scott, means you
don't know yourself well enough and/or haven't taken the time to go out onto
the trail, itself, and, under the daily mileage and elevation requirements
you expect, stay out long enough to see what your body's caloric demands
become.

What works for Scott may not work for you and you don't want to be out on
the trail rationing food just to make it to the next resupply point.

I realize it's not easy taking the time off work or other obligation just to
figure this out, but every body has different needs and you need to know
those of yours, if you want your trip to be fun, safe, and uneventful.

Mtnned

For Information on Programs, previous Trips, and Photo Gallery,

Please visit: www.mountaineducation.com