[pct-l] Non free standing tents

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 21:42:33 CDT 2008

On 19/06/2008, at 12:02 PM, Darren wrote:

> BigAgnes Seedhouse SL1 - vestible looks too small to cover a pack.

I have the Seedhouse SL1.  The vestibule is indeed very small for pack
stowage.  And if you drag your pack in there it's even more awkward to
get in and out over it.  I'm happy with the BA for NZ conditions where
it could rain or blow at any time, but on the PCT I envied those with
MSN tents with side-opening that could be varied depending on the
weather.  With the BA you are in your trent or you are out of it.
There is no way to just sit in the tent shade and read a book while
maintaing a view of the world around you.

Denis Stanton
denisstanton at mac.com