[pct-l] Dunsmuir

Brill Stephen stephenbrill at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 14:09:58 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am planning to hike California sections P and Q (I-5 south of Dunsmuir to Seiad Valley) starting 7 July.  My research shows that there is no simple road walk between Dunsmuir (where I will arrive by bus from Seiad Valley via Yreka) and the beginning of Section P adjacent to the 5 freeway.  It appears that I must either walk along railroad tracks or walk the freeway for about a mile, neither of which may be appealing (or even legal).  Does anyone have any suggestions on getting from Dunsmuir to the start of Section P?  Is there taxi service in Dunsmuir?  Is it legal to walk the freeway?

Please respond off list to stephenbrill at yahoo.com.

Thanks!

-- Steve (Moondancer)