[pct-l] Dunsmuir

frankgilliland at comcast.net frankgilliland at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 18:47:46 CDT 2008

I have found that if you ask around in town, getting a ride to the trail
head is pretty easy.  Dunsmuir is a great little town.  It is REALLY easy
getting a ride from Castella or the state park to Dunsmuir.

I would avoid the train tracks.  Walking them is both dangerous and illegal.
And walking on ANY freeway is just asking for trouble.

Just smile and ask someone getting into there car or leaving a store if they
are heading towards Castle Craigs.  Mention that you are walking on the
Pacific Crest Trail that starts at the Mexican Border and goes all the way
to the Canadian border, etc, etc, etc.......

Always works for me.

StarMan