[pct-l] Trail Pass

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Fri Jun 20 20:26:15 CDT 2008

Another nice thing about Trail Pass is that it is by far the easiest
route to access the PCT.  In a couple of very moderate uphill miles you
are on the PCT.  For comparison purposes, using Trail Pass instead of
Cottonwood Pass is like taking the handicapped ramp instead of the
stairs. It is longer but a whole lot easier to get to the same point.
I've done both on multiple occasions and I would take Trail Pass every
time.  If you are northbound and wanting to exit at Horseshoe for
resupply purposes, Trail Pass is also the best way to go.  A whole lot
easier on the knees.
Marion