[pct-l] Dunsmuir to PCT

Richard Hunt rtjhunt at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 21:43:08 CDT 2008

I took AMTRAK from Seattle to Dunsmuir which was suppose to arrive at
midnite, but got in at about 5AM so I ended up walking south thru town
and then walked on the S side of I-5.  I tried a bit of hitiching but
the cars were few out of town and moving too fast on I-5.  The entire
walk to the northbound PCT took less than an hour and is much easier
and safer than railroad tracks.   This year I will be coming up from
the south to catch the "5:04AM" Coast Starlight heading north around
Aug. 30th.  If hitching works great, but looking at the early hours, I
will probably walk there.

Hoov