[pct-l] Washington PCT

Joanne Lennox goforth at cio.net
Sat Jun 21 18:33:48 CDT 2008

Here is a current post of a hike starting at Alpental Ski Area (East side of
snoqualmie pass) and going north.  Sounds like patchy snow on the trail at
the pass and rapidly becoming snowpack as you go up.  There is another trail
report out of the main menu on this same site.
http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7967633

Out the window here I can see snow at 3,500 feet on the south side and it is
lower on the north and in avalanche chutes.  We have 200% normal snowpack
and it is snowing right now on Mt Baker. Many trailheads are not even open.

Goat Rocks must be completely under snow.

If your interested in hiking the PCT on snow, this is the place.

Goforth

-----