[pct-l] Oregon segment

NC Murtaugh hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 11:59:00 CDT 2008

Marion - thanks for the tip on putting the drink mix in a soda bottle.  Sure is better than a plastic bag, which eventually starts to disintegrate and leak contents.

Steel-Eye - I found that the snack bags tended to leak when I rehydrated the contents, but I like your idea.  I generally double-bagged (a recycled bag) my stuff when I rehydrated the food.

Darren - I tried sprouting when I hiked the CT two years ago.  It was very unsuccessful for me.  Maybe because it rained all the time and the spouts got too wet?  At any rate, I made little sprout bags and hung them on my pack.  Much to my dismay, they all fell off somewhere on the trail.

I 'm planning to hike the Oregon segment starting in Ashland on July 7.  Here are my questions.

If I take Greyhound to Medford, how do I get to Ashland and the PCT TH?  I'm a 63-year old female and hitching is not a preferred option.

Is it better to go into Sisters from McKenzie Pass or Santiam Pass?

Thanks.

Lost and Found