[pct-l] Scott & Joe on Track for Record Attempt

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Jun 22 14:00:49 CDT 2008

Just wanted to let you all know that Scott & Joe made it through Agua Dulce on schedule, and were in excellent physical shape and good spirits, despite the miserable triple digit heat we've been experiencing. They said it was okay to post about them since they are on a publicly declared record attempt.  Please note that I deliberately omitted when they left here, only that they are on schedule.  Forgoing a zero, and not even taking a nearo, they made a mid-day stopover and hiked out in the relative cool of the evening, after a hearty meal at Maria Bonita's (and carrying take-out for later :o)!

Speaking of what they're eating, Scott was kind enough to write down his trail diet for those who asked about it.  Contact me off post if you want a scanned copy of it.  I was fortunate enough to get to sample his homemade protein bars and they are outstanding.  He also left an extra green breakfast shake that I am looking forward to trying after hearing Joe talk about how good they are and how much they improved his energy level.

There are still a handful of hikers south of Kennedy Meadows and 2-3 south of Agua Dulce too.  Our thoughts and prayers for cooler weather and safe passage go out to all.

L-Rod