[pct-l] Clover Fire: Bypass or not?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 18:12:37 CDT 2008

Onyx-Lake Isabella-Bakersfield-Mojave-Ridgecrest is a long and complicated run. I've done most of that (missed Mojave to Ridgecrest) and it's not fun!

Since you have to hitch part of this anyway, I'd suggest you go all the way to Kennedy Meadows (if it's clear ahead, you're home free). If not, hitch from KM into either Ridgecrest or - if you get lucky - Lone Pine.

There is a one man taxi service in Ridgecrest that will make the run to Kennedy Meadows. Last year I was quoted $80 one way. Be prepared to pay the $ up front if you want to be picked up at KM.

Wandering Bob