[pct-l] Onion Valley to Lyell canyon trip questions...

Ellen Jane Kildegaard ellenkildegaard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:40:32 CDT 2008

Hi there,
First off, thanks so much for any info you can provide.  It seems that know
matter how much I read, I still have questions.....some first hand knowledge
would be awesome!  I am hiking north from Independence to Tuolumne, leaving
July 8th.
1-Does anyone know how much snow I am looking at at these passes??  It is
possible for me to start my trip later if that would make a difference.
2-How well marked is this section of the trail.....will I be relying on maps
much?  (I can just hear my mom in the background (Ellen, are YOU going to
get LOST?)
3-Can anyone recommend a campground in Independence?  I will be arriving on
the 4th to do some daytrips and to get used to the elevation before my trip.
Thanks for any info you have!
Happy hiking!