[pct-l] Bill Goat article

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Jun 25 19:34:22 CDT 2008

I've enjoyed the privilege of finding Billy Goat on the JMT in 2005 while I
was hiking it. I met him first at hiker gatherings, but to unexpectedly find
him along the JMT and be able to hike with him for a few days at our own
pace is one of my great memories. We had one camp together in Crabtree Mdws
and we shared some stories together that came true at the ADZKO'08. This LA
story is a great tribute to great man that loves nature and adventure.
Here's a photo from my short time on the JMT with him and two from the
ADZKO'08 that I treasure.
http://www.pbase.com/image/55530270 2005 JMT
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/96325395 ADZ'08, my hiking mentors
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/96325420 BG Fan Club at ADZ08
http://www.pbase.com/mad_monte1/image/65191273 By Monte Dodge, and one of my
favorites of BG

An article about someone many of us know:
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-me-billygoat25-2008jun25,0,7598932.story?page=1