[pct-l] MP3 players and hiking

Philippa Nye philippanye at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 21:34:30 CDT 2008

I'm trying to choose an MP3 player to take on my section hike.  I've never used one and am not sure about how  charging them up during resupply stops will work, and if there are some that are better than others in terms of battery life and ease of recharging.  Does anyone have a recommendation or suggestions on what to look for?  Has anyone had success charging one of them with a Solio solar charger?  I have a gift certificate at a certain store that sells Ipod, Zune, Sansa, Samsung and Sony players so that's what I'm choosing between.  Appreciate any advice!

Philippa