[pct-l] Bear Cannisters or not

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Jun 26 11:33:05 CDT 2008

> It's not about whether or not we lose our food, it's
> about not having ourselves, our packs, or our camps
> be seen as a SOURCE of food.

Exactly. Whether you CHOOSE to carry a canister or not, it's your
responsibility to ensure the bears don't get your stuff. Stay away from
popular areas, with planning you can easily hike past these areas.

If you CHOOSE not to carry a canister (which I personally advocate), you
must accept responsibility for it. Don't let others hike your hike for you.
We all choose our flavor of civil disobedience(s). Don't let others choose
yours for you.

-postholer