[pct-l] Bear Cannisters or not

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Jun 26 18:43:29 CDT 2008

> Do you really believe that human/bear interactions will be improved if
> everyone goes sans-canister in these particular problem areas?

Of course not. Keeping food out of the bears reach is the only way.
Canisters are one way, not the only way. Canisters just happen to be the
flavor of the month solution, like culling used to be.

Removing people and bears from common areas is the only absolute solution.
As long as we have the 2 mixed, a problem will *always* exist regardless of
the popular or fail-proof solution.

So write me ticket until the next solution comes along and I'll keep
sleeping with my food. ;)

-postholer