[pct-l] Fw: Trail bridge - ZZ work center

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Fri Jun 27 05:23:39 CDT 2008

Good morning, All,

The photos at this link were taken by Jonathan Ley during a project to
reinstall the foot bridge on a PCT approach trail near Ramona Falls, NW of
Mt. Hood.  The Sandy River floods every year  -- usually in an entirely new
channel -- so the bridge is removed in the fall and reinstalled whenever the
snow recedes in the spring.  Working in the crew were PCTA volunteers,
AmeriCorps workers, and USFS people.  We were fortunate to have Jonathan, a
professional photographer and hiker, as one of the crew.  View the photos
at:  http://www.phlumf.com/temp/ramona/

Steel-Eye