[pct-l] Bear Cans and Intimidation

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 12:35:02 CDT 2008

How much water would the hikers have to carry through the desert if there
were no water caches ?? How soon the bears would figure out that hikers are
a good resource for free food as they were sleeping (smelling like peanut
butter) ??  Wonder how many first time hikers would fail to complete their
thru hike not knowing what they thought they knew with out the KO
information ??  As to making money off the trail......if the business wasn't
there the sales wouldn't be made. Is what has been sold a detriment to the
hikers or is it for the betterment of their hike ??  As I see it the trail
is hiked to give self worth to each hiker and to experience the natural
beauty of our country. Some hikers are not as sturdy and tough as others.
This opens up the trail to more than just a few.

Just my opinion. So don't get radical with me !!!!

PCT MOM