[pct-l] rocket girl

Matt Geis mgeis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 01:52:37 CDT 2008

Hard to say how fast she did it.  I know she was out there in 2002, and we sort of crossed paths near Agua Dulce.  Thing is, only a few people met her, as most of her hiking was night hiking.  Someone told me the apocryphal story that she hiked topless as well, but that smacks of BS and would be even harder to substantiate (hey, it's night, it's dark out...).  All I know is that there was a guy (name omitted to protect the guilty) that year trying to hike it faster than Flyin' Brian did his PCT section of his single-year triple crown, and as soon as he found out about Rocket Girl's pace he became furious, so I suspect it was somewhat faster than whatever Brian did that year.

Iron Chef